Wednesday, July 29, 2009

May I decrease and may Christ increase...

This is one prayer I had all summer long. I have certainly seen the Lord be faithful to answer it in many ways. The weeks we spent in Africa and even the weeks since we got back have been transforming. God has graciously been pruning away at my heart. This is only be His grace. I don't deserve his faithful and sanctifying work in my life. But I am so grateful that he loves me entirely too much too let me stay the same. This summer has been a time of me going deep into God's heart and Him going deep into mine. And like we learned at the word alive conference, sometimes God has to empty us out, so that he can fill us up with more of him. It amazes me how God delights in bringing glory to himself through sinners like me. Its like Isaiah 61 says...He has traded me ashes in for beauty. All so that His name might be praised. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment